Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gearing Up for Emerald City Comicon 2012



I'm the first to admit that I'm a big geek and one of my passions is Star Trek.  I attend as many conventions as possible and am determined to get my photo taken with all my favorite actors.  As you may imagine, I have a LOT of scrapbook pages devoted to Star Trek; so much so that my friends call me a techno-scrapper!    


I was inspired to create this layout because the 2012 Emerald City Comicon is one month from today, and, yes, I already have my ticket.  I took these photos of Jonathan Frakes & Brent Spiner at last year's ECCC. The Superhero paper is a perfect fit for Comicon, and I matted all my photos with white daisy cardstock to mimic the look of comic frames. I used the Showtime pattern from Magic and swapped the pages to create the EC*Comicon 2011 title.

 It has been awhile since I embossed anything, so I pulled out the craft heater, black embossing powder, and the Hero Alphabet to create my title.  I also used the Art Philosophy cartridge and Dimensional Elements Numbers to create the date.  I really appreciate that CTMH prints the size to set the Cricut directly on the packaging for the dimensional elements (and stamp sets).  It makes it so easy to cut the perfect size every time!



I popped up the photos and journaling block and wrapped our new Baker's Twine around them...I love this stuff! I had fun finishing off the look with a couple of the Comic Badge Buttons.

I'm applying to teach at Convention this year, and I almost didn't want to send this layout because I wanted to keep looking at it.  I will get it back, but, if I don't get selected, I won't see it again until July!  I wish these photos were better.  Oh well.


Here is my journaling:

"Every time I look at this photo from the 2011 Emerald City Comicon, I’m struck by the similarities in our features.  This could be a photo of us posing with our favorite uncles.  Yet, here we are with Jonathan Frakes & Brent Spiner.  I’ve met them both at previous cons, but this was the first time I paid for a photoit was totally worth it.  After the picture was shot, I turned to Brent and said, “The first time we met, you shook my hand; may I have a hug this time?”  He responded, “I thought that’s what we just did.”  I grinned and said I wanted a real one and moved in for a full frontal hug.  He looked at Neal over my shoulder and said, “She gets what she wants, doesn’t she?”  Yes, I do!"

Seriously, doesn't it look like they could be our uncles?!

2 comments:

Wow! Too cool! Wouldn't it be awesome to have Jeanette give us some Trekkie themed paper?? I have been to a lot of Star Trek conventions here in Dearborn and have many photos and memorabilia. I never thought to scrap them... duh!!!! LOVE THIS!!!

Thanks, Kathleen! Let me know when you start scrapping your Trek photos as I would love to see your layouts!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More