Saturday, March 10, 2012

Studio J JPGs Meet the Memory Game!

As a Studio J member, I receive free JPG images of all my purchased layouts.  I've had lots of people ask me what I do with those JPG images, so here are a few ideas:

1)  One of the best things you can do with the JPGs is burn them onto a CD or DVD and place in a fireproof safe to archive your photos/layouts.

2)  Facebook, blog, tweet or email the web friendly JPG image to share with your friends and family.

3)  Make additional copies of your JPGs at your local photo developer or drop the image back into Studio J's "No Limits" layout.  This is good for those layouts that are older than a year since CTMH only archives them for a year.

4)  My favorite use of the JPGs is creating mini-albums and 3-D gift items!
Here is an example of one of my recent projects using the My Creations Memory Game.  To decorate the outside of the box, I inked the edges with Bamboo and cut the Footloose paper to size.  I used Bonding Memories Glue to adhere the paper making sure I got right up to the edges.

Decorating this box was so much fun!  I brought images from the Art Philosophy Collection into the Cricut Craft Room to weld my 2011 together, modify the shapes of the stars to look like starfish, and create the little circles to be used with the Vintage Type stamp set.  I used 3-D Foam Tape to add a little dimension and Liquid Glass to make sure my Wooden Designer Buttons and Baker's Twine didn't move.  This little box seriously makes me happy, but then I open it up and it gets even better!



Since it will be easier to demonstrate this technique using Photoshop, I'll upload a video later.  In short, I resized my JPGs to fit the 3x3 coasters in the game box.  I also stamped the backs of the coasters with the Universal Backgrounds stamp in Creme Brulee and used the My Legacy Writers to add journaling about each layout.

7 comments:

What a fabulous idea!!! You constantly amaze me with your creativity and willingness to share. Thank you!

Terrific idea! Thanks for sharing!

This is such a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us all. Have a blessed day!

This is awesome. I can't wait to get mine!

Amy, I LOVE your memory game idea, it's adorable!!!

Another idea you can share is to use a digital picture frame to display them. I use the large images (one page at a time) in an 8x10 digital frame. We love seeing the layouts all the time, not just when we drag out the photo albums.

This is genius!! I can't wait to make one!

Thanks for all the great comments! I love using my Studio J JPGs to create non-traditional scrapbooks.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More