Monday, October 1, 2012

LOAD #1

Welcome to CreteHappy October! Now that I have a month of school under my belt and no travel plans in the near future, I'm ready to get back to my creative endeavors.  I'm challenging myself to create a layout a day with the ScrapHappy community.  The only time I actually completed the challenge was my first time six years ago, so I'm really determined to make it happen this time.  Luckily, it also coincides with CTMH's Studio J special, so I'm going to create most of my layouts using Studio J to save time and money since it is buy 9, get 1 free this month.

I used layout #8 from the Travels Express Kit.  Seriously, the most time consuming part of this layout was narrowing 150 photos from our tour of Crete down to 5!  I love that these Express Kits allow me to drop in my photos and journaling without any additional fuss.  Honestly, I don't usually use quick pages because I don't like the lack of customization.  With this page, I was able to customize the title, add a shadow to Crete, and add a cocoa frame around the focal photo.  I'll further bling it out when I get the final print by adding bitty sparkles...they are my not-so-secret addiction!

Watch this quick video to learn more about the Studio J Express Collections.

2 comments:

Great layout Amy and I love the idea! I might just join you in this endeavor :) I am a huge fan of the ScrapHappy Community and Lain :)

Elizabeth, you should join us! I look forward to seeing your layouts.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More