Sunday, October 14, 2012

LOAD #14

I love that Studio J allows me to tell stories as they happen.  This layout documents the adventures in sewing my crop buddies and I had last night!  Since I'm so enamored with the technique of sewing on pages right now, I added a lot of digital stitching to my Studio J layout.  Plus, how perfect is this Stella kit for telling a story related to sewing?!  I will admit that the stitching around the center die cut was very fussy as I had to lay each one individually, but it is totally worth it.

Karen wanted to recreate the treat bags on page 57. This is a close up shot I took of it at the CTMH convention.  There are so many great reasons to become a consultant, but convention is by far the best!  Not only do we get fantastic training (both lecture and hands on), we get to inspect the Idea Book artwork in person.  I'm already signed up to attend convention at Disney World next summer!

Now that I look at my detailed shot, I am realizing that they used purple thread.  It looked black in the Idea Book.

The LOAD prompt was all about using black and white on the page.  I opted for sepia photos which I feel is close enough to BW!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More