Thursday, October 4, 2012

LOAD #4

Today's LOAD prompt is very fitting as it asks me to scrap about "the journey or process."  Clearly, I'm focused on my travel pages right now, but I think the last two days have made it clear that the journey and the company I keep are far more important than the final destination.  We loved seeing the sights, but it wouldn't have been as meaningful without sharing it with the people I love.  This is one of the main reasons why I scrapbook.  I get to live the experience, reflect on it deeply during the scrapbooking process, and then enjoy the memories for years to come as I look through my albums.  This process is so important to me, I simply can't understand why everyone doesn't do it!

The prompt also mentioned weight loss journeys which reminded me of this page.  In it, I documented my 45 pound weight loss journey several years ago.  I went on to lose nearly 60 pounds and was so proud of myself for completing a cleanse and breaking my sugar addiction.  I was working out at least 5 times a week and felt amazing.  I've fallen off the wagon over the past few years and gained back 10 pounds.  As active as we were on our trip this summer, I have been so lazy since getting home.  I don't really know why.

The good news is that my awesome neighbor is motivating me to walk with her daily.  I'm going to make daily exercise a habit again so that I can feel as good as I did in these photos!  I'm really thankful for Studio J, because I would not have had time to exercise and create a two-page spread each day...have I mentioned that I'm the world's slowest scrapbooker?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More