Sunday, October 28, 2012

LOAD #28

Ah, Rome...lunch was the best of times and worst of times here!

"Our quest for lunch on day one began with me asking a vendor for the best pizza in Rome. She gave us directions to Francesco's. We had seen it advertised as the best pizzeria in our guide book so were excited about eating there. Yet, excitement turned to annoyance when we couldn't find it, so I just settled for a place that sounded similar and seemed to have a good deal. I should have known that the waiter was trying too hard to get us to eat there. I also should have walked away after I saw the revolting, oil-soaked bruschetta. Neal was so disgusted by the entire meal that he didn't finish eating and left the table. He did snap a photo of Angie's so-called pizza...with olives hidden under a slice of lunch meat... ugh! Seriously, how is this place still in business? When Neal returned, he wanted to show us something...he had found the other restaurant!"

Thank goodness we had another day in Rome, because we went back and had lunch at Francesco's the next day.  It was delicious.  I still need to write a negative review for the other place, because poor, unsuspecting tourists need to be warned to stay far away from that dive! I won't even begin to tell you what the bathroom was like...it isn't the kind of story I can tell on a G-rated site like mine.  LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More