Saturday, November 26, 2011

Why I'm Thankful for Studio J #26--Creativity

I've talked about how amazing Studio J is when you are short on time or new to scrapbooking.  It really can be as easy as dropping in photos, coloring embellishments, adding a title and journaling.  Yet, Studio J also lets our creativity shine when we have more time to spend.  For instance, last night I decided that I wanted to learn how to make graph paper in Photoshop, so I did!  I used the RGB codes for a Colonial White background and Chocolate grid to create my custom graph paper that will match the CTMH papers in Studio J.  As I look at it now, I wish I would have added a little distressing, but luckily I can do that in Studio J.

So, after creating the paper, I thought about a layout I had seen on page 24 of the November/December 2011 edition of Creating Keepsakes.  I loved the circles that were cut out of the paper.  I did the same on my graph paper and put a little drop shadow behind the circles.  I figured out which photos I wanted to use and created my photo mats.  You can download the layered Photoshop file under my Freebies tab and watch this video to see how to add your own photos.


I really want to see what you create with this file (and my other Freebies!), so please post your completed layout to my Facebook page!


Don’t forget to leave a comment on the giveaway blog post to have a chance at winning a FREE Studio J 5-Pack (includes 5 layouts, page protectors, and shipping).

1 comments:

Dear Amy,
I just wanted to express my appreciation again for the effort you put into posting your knowledge and sharing it with us.
I love the circles...I love Roxie! I am currently working with the paper pack and next week I have some time to try some Studio J layouts using this beautiful kit.
Always, Alayne

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More