Saturday, November 5, 2011

Why I'm Thankful for Studio J #5--Stitching

My favorite quote of the day came from my sister who is recovering from open-heart surgery. She stated emphatically, "no one in their right mind should have their chest cracked open." You think?! Speaking of things that need to be stitched--how do you like that transition--I'm thankful for the stitching tools in Studio J.

Prior to the stitching tools, we had to use the threads from the button embellishments toolbar to lay down stitches one at a time.  It was such a long process that I added the Creating Stitched Patterns on Cardstock tutorial to my Fussy Techniquesplaylist.  Several days after I posted the tutorial, Close To My Heart released the stitching toolbar under embellishments!  I couldn’t even be upset that I had wasted time creating the video, because I was so happy to have stitches in Studio J.

Now we can easily add several types of straight stitches (cross, zig-zag, back, running, blanket, and scallop) to our layouts.  We also have pennants (banner, triangle, and scallop) and specialty shapes, such as stars, hearts, posy flowers, blossom flowers, squares, and circles, in a variety of sizes.

By clicking on the layout of my sister in Hawaii last summer, you will see a variety of the stitches in action. 


Don’t forget to leave a comment on the giveaway blog post to have a chance at winning a FREE Studio J 5-Pack (includes 5 layouts, page protectors, and shipping)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More